2019 Oates Award Banquet
Celebration of Spiritual Leaders and Caregivers
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Baptist Health Louisville
Honoring 2019 Oates Award Recipients
2019 Oates Award Winners (l to r): Dr. Greg Earwood and Dr. Molly T. Marshall
Location: Baptist Health Louisville, 4000 Kresge Way in St. Matthews
Parking/Entrance: Use Entrance 2 to enter campus from Kresge Way and Browns Lane. Proceed to parking garage at rear of main hospital, Entrance C. Park on the 2nd or 3rd level and use short pedway.
Program: 6 p.m. - Dinner, Music by Chris Akin; 7 p.m. - Recognitions and Presentations by two visionary leaders
Emcee: Susan Sweeny Crum
Also to be honored:
Long time Chaplain Service - Chaplain Kathy Lesch, Jewish Hospital
Servant Leadership - Rev. Kevin Cosby and Rev. Joe Phelps, Empower West Louisville
Seminar Facilitation Excellence - Rev. Dr. Dale McAbee, Baptist Health and Chaplain Trish Matthews, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
Outstanding ACPE Educator/Supervisor - Rev. Frank Woggon, U of L Hospital
Also to be Recognized:
St. John Presbyterian Church, New Albany Outstanding Participation in the Oates Institute’s Caring Presence Program
All Chaplains and other Spiritual Caregivers in attendance
Oates Institute’s Legacy
The Oates Institute was formed as a nonprofit organization over 25 years ago to provide a safe, respectful, virtual classroom for spiritual caregivers to learn from each other and from best practice research and scholarship. Skills learned have undergirded the ministry to thousands of persons around the world.
Dr. Wayne E. Oates was a pioneer in the spiritual / pastoral care and counseling movement through his writing, teaching, consulting and supervision at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and the University of Louisville Medical School.
The Oates Institute was established in his honor as a holder of Dr. Oates’ intellectual properties and has offered on-line continuing education, professional development and lay training in the fields of spiritual care and spirituality.
Building on Oates’ legacy of outstanding scholarship and application of practical theology, the Institute seeks to embrace emerging professionals and lay persons as offer spiritual/pastoral care in many settings.
Oates Institute Accomplishments Highlights
- Provided 30 – 3 - 4 week collaborative learning seminars on various topics
- Conducted two live events (Mississippi and Kentucky) with corresponding live streaming audiences, plus a three-week online symposium on interracial relations
- Further developed our Resource Library – one hour thought leader presentations
- An opportunity of hosting folks from around the region who are interested in promoting pastoral / spiritual care and spirituality
- Publicity on the Event Program, website, newsletter to over 2,000
- Publicity in local media, other spiritual care cognate groups, nonprofits, and faith groups
- Hosting by a media personality – Susan Sweeney Crum, Louisville Public Media
- An opportunity to celebrate, honor or memorialize pastoral / spiritual caregivers and other professionals who have advanced spirituality as an important part of mental health delivery
- Help fund the mission of the Oates Institute
Sponsorship Opportunities (CLICK TO PURCHASE ONLINE BELOW)
- $500 co-sponsorship
- $50 gift in honor or in memory of a person who helped advance spirituality or spiritual care
- $30 ticket for event
- $175 table sponsorship in honor or in memory of organization or person – includes 6 tickets for the event
If you have trouble with the online purchase or would like to purchase via check or other offline mechanism, please contact Rick Underwood with any questions at email@example.com or 502-592-9050
To sponsor the event, a table, memorialize or honor a person who helped advance spirituality or spiritual care or simply purchase tickets, click the product of your choosing below and add that product to your cart. Once finished, be sure to navigate to your cart and check out to receive your entire order.