From the Executive Director:
The Oates Institute needs your help!
As you know, we have been in a rebuilding process for the past year and half. As you can imagine, we have faced many challenges. Fortunately, things have stabilized and we on our way to creating a sustainable program. As a collaborative learning community, we depend upon members, friends, and our readers for input and direction. To that end, we need your help in the following ways.
1. Pass on the word about the upcoming seminars that start the second week in September. We are busy building the seminars right now. Two are already up! (Their links are active below). Members may register for free, nonmembers may purchase access to seminar for just $95.
• Breaking the Silence: Spirituality & Palliative Care
• Care of Self: Caregivers Guide to Mental Health
• Grieving: Helping People Invite God into Their Pain
• Holding the Boundaries: Professional Ethics
2. Volunteer some help with website development, social media marketing strategy, and/or to serve on the Program Committee.
3. Follow us on Twitter, “Like” us on Facebook.
4. I would like to start a blog through our website. What do you think of that idea? What kind of discussion to do you think might be engaging and stimulating? Email me at [email protected].
5. We would like to offer another on-line conference in March 2016. The Palliative Care and Spiritual Care conference was a big hit last year. What are your thoughts for a topic?
6. Finally, our board is meeting in September for a strategic planning session. If you are interested in serving on the board, please let me know. If you have ideas about our strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities, please pass them along. Email me at [email protected].
I want to hear from you about the above or any other ideas or concerns that you may have about the Oates Institute. I keep thinking about the old saying, “We are only as strong as our weakest link.”
Rick Underwood, D. Min., Executive Director
P.S. Oh by the way, a monthly donation and or a renewed membership would be a great help. Renew or join using this MEMBERSHIP LINK. or DONATE.