Schedule for upcoming collaborative learning experiences
Seminars are three-week collaborative learning experiences focusing on reading, reflection, and interaction with peers and lead to 12 CEUs. Note: The deadline to register/begin the course online is the 1st Tuesday of each month. The instructor will being engagement the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- The program committee is finalizing the seminars for 2019. Topics on Palliative Care, Research, and Best Spiritual Care Practices will provide for integrative learning experiences. Please take a moment to fill out our programming survey to share your preferences!
- Creating a Caring Presence
- Holding the Boundaries: Ethics in Practice
- Spiritual Care Research 101
- Integrative Mind/Body Medicine: Implications for Spiritual Caregivers
Join the Lifelong Learning Newsletter -- a bi-monthly email featuring news and updates on the Oates Institute.
Oates Institute Professional Track Courses
For chaplains, counselors, pastors, social workers, and other caregivers working from a mind-body-spirit perspective.
In these uncertain times, staying current, connected, and engaged is critical for anyone dedicated to providing spiritual care. The Oates Institute offers a variety of learning opportunities to help you expand and advance your skills in this area, all of which offer up to 12 continuing education units (CEUs) upon completion.
Throughout the year, we present more than 40 online seminars, each led by faculty facilitators and structured around a small group of 8-12 participants. Without the limits of physical space or the need to be online at the same time, you’ll be able to interact with your virtual classmates from any time zone or location with internet access – fitting the learning experience into your personal schedule. The end result is ample time for personal reflection, plus feedback and insights from a supportive peer group.
Most seminars feature at least one presentation per week and are designed to run for a three-week period, unless otherwise noted.