Join the Lifelong Learning Newsletter -- a bi-monthly email featuring news and updates on the Oates Institute.
2019 Seminars / Learning Experiences
- The program committee is finalizing the seminars for 2019. Topics on Palliative Care, Research, and Best Spiritual Care Practices will provide for integrative learning experiences. Please take a moment to fill out our programming survey to share your preferences!
Each month features 12 Hours of CEUs, Facilitated and collaborative learning experiences
Linked courses are active. Course registration is typically due by the first Tuesday of each month with the instructor beginning engagement in our forums and via email on the second Tuesday of each month. The courses continue for three weeks following.
- Creating a Caring Presence
- Holding the Boundaries: Ethics in Practice
- Spiritual Care Research 101
- Integrative Mind/Body Medicine: Implications for Spiritual Caregivers
- Your Brain on Gratitude: How a neuroscientst used his research to heal from grief.
- Nudging Empathy: Harnessing Motivation to Create Sustainable Empathic Choices.
Additional Learning Experiences
- Awards Presentation Videos: Last month we had the Oates Annual Banquet. We have made videos available from the Banquet. For CEU's, please write two paragraphs of best ideas and things learned after watching the above videos of presentations and send to email@example.com.
- Watch one or more of the videos below, write two paragraphs on things learned and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for 2 CEU credits for each webinar. Webinars are no charge with the code: OATES2019
Other CEU opportunities
- One hour recorded webinar presentations on special topics such as Palliative Care, Mindfulness, and Integrative Medicine are available in Library Resource room. 2 hours CEUs for watching and answering quiz.