Join the Lifelong Learning Newsletter -- a bi-monthly email featuring news and updates on the Oates Institute.
2020 Seminars / Learning Experiences
- The program committee is finalizing the seminars for 2020. Topics on Palliative Care, Research, and Best Spiritual Care Practices will provide for integrative learning experiences. Please take a moment to fill out our programming survey to share your preferences!
Each month features 12 Hours of CEUs, Facilitated and collaborative learning experiences
Linked courses are active. Course registration is typically due by the first Tuesday of each month with the instructor beginning engagement in our forums and via email on the second Tuesday of each month. The courses continue for three weeks following.
- Spiritual Care for Grieving Children
- “Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resiliency, and Finding Joy”, Cheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant – A book study
- Burnout: How to Hold Out the Light Without Burning Out
- Balancing Personal Faith and the Faith of Others
- Book discussion, “The Color of Compromise: The Truth About the American Church‘s Complicity in Race, Jemar Tisby, author
- Research 101
- Building Resilience to Trauma and Adverse Events
- Emotional Freedom Technique as a Spiritual and Self Care Tool
- Creativity in Spiritual Care
- Counseling Theories and Techniques In Spiritual Care
- “Through Dangerous Terrain: A Guide for Pastoral Leadership in Times of Threat”, a book discussion by the author, Jennifer Baldwin
- Spirituality of Film
Other CEU opportunities
- One hour recorded webinar presentations on special topics such as Palliative Care, Mindfulness, and Integrative Medicine are available in Library Resource room. 2 hours CEUs for watching and answering quiz.